Sunday, July 13, 2014

How to change your air filter

Always check your air filter every few oil changes. Its SUPER easy to change on most cars.

Tools needed: depends on the car, some require none to change. I just used a 10mm socket and ratchet.

Go to your local parts store and get the filter you need.

Step 1
Locate the housing for the air filter, which on my Subaru is the black box towards the back of the engine bay.

Step 2
Here's the only bolt I had to remove on the right of the housing. Remove that, then unclip the three clips holding it in. Could be different for your car.

Step 3
Pull back the back half of the house (again could be different for your car) then pull out the old filter. Here you can see the old vs new.

Step 4
Insert new filter and then reinstall in reverse order of removal.

DONE!

1 comment:

  1. You are saving me a lot of money and I am getting to know my van better. Your directions are very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete