Sunday, June 29, 2014

Need new Speakers?

Alright, so today I will be showing you how to install new speakers into your car. This is a fairly universal process, meaning its basically the same on every vehicle.

Tools I used:
Phillips Screw driver
Wire Strippers
Wire cutters
Wire connectors

Step 1
Remove the door panel and/or speaker cover. I'm using my fathers 2001 Subaru Forester again so the speaker cover just pops right off. Some people will have to remove the entire door panel (I do in my '01 Outback) to change the speakers. In which case additional tools will be needed.

Step 2
Remove speaker by unscrewing the three (in my case) black screws holding the speaker to the frame. MAKE SURE you don't unscrew the speaker housing instead of the speaker, its a waste of time.

Step 3
Remove wiring. Now, on my 92 Honda Civic, the speaker wiring was removable. On this car, the wiring is soldered to the speaker terminals. Cut them with your wire cutters. Make sure you remember which one went on the positive or negative side. They should be labeled.

Step 4
Connect terminals. This is easy, most speaker wire is 18 Gauge, so buy the appropriate size. Strip the wire about 1/2 an inch back and then insert the exposed wire into the new terminal. Then crimp the metal part with the crimping section of your strippers (its usually labeled on the tool).


Step 5
Connect wiring.

Step 6
Test/Install Speaker. Holding the edge of the speaker, turn your radio on and make sure sounds plays through the new speaker. If it doesn't, check your work. If it does, install the new speaker in place of the old one. Some speakers will require an adapter to fit some vehicles. My Outback did, my fathers Forester does not nor did my Honda.

Step 7
Reinstall door panel/speaker cover.

All done! Enjoy much better sound over your stock speakers!

14 comments:

  1. Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to reduce our hack-tic life. My own views are matching with author and I have experienced such. รถยก 24 ชั่วโมง

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, the collection of a writer must be a bundle of creativity. New ideas of writing become the reason of success. It makes your work worthwhile. Everyone wants to praise your writing because they bound by creativity.
    Lenovo Storage V3700 V2 XP SFF Control

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature always helps a writer to learn from its elements. Nature always try to teach new lessons and a writer transform its experience into words. He can transform even silence into words. This blog taught me a lesson.
    ขาย อะไร ดี

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    ส่วนลด Advice

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.
    sat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    น้ำตบแพลงตอน

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    รับปิดบัญชีไฟแนนซ์

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    pueraria mirifica powder

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is really helpful for my database. It enhanced the area of my thoughts and pushed me beyond the boundaries. Work ethic of every point is different and represent a new way to improve myself.
    Copy Trade คืออะไร

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    Forex กราฟเทคนิค

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic.
    พิสูจน์อักษร

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool was that having a full Car diversion System best 6x9 speakers without amp Through this I really makes the most of my ride each time uniquely while out and about with a few companions. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool was that having a full Car diversion System 6x9 speakers with good bass Through this I really makes the most of my ride each time uniquely while out and about with a few companions. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Best Bluetooth Car Speakerphones

    ReplyDelete